If you use a conventional or an alternative septic system, regular and appropriate maintenance of it is necessary in order for it to function effectively. Our experts at SES Mid Atlantic can offer you the best alternative onsite sewage system inspection in New Baltimore VA. It is also best to keep the following instructions in mind to guide you with your septic tank maintenance:
- Ensure that you operate and maintain your septic system according to your tank’s manufacturer instructions and local health department regulations.
- Read the owner’s manual thoroughly before you use the septic tank. If you do not have it, contact your manufacturer and ask them to send you one.
- For traditional septic tank owners, you need to pump and inspect your tank periodically. How often you need to do this depends on many factors, like the tank’s capacity and wastewater generation.
- Hard or heavy water contains many minerals in them, which places greater loads on the sewage system. Hence, try to avoid using heavy water in your household.
- You need to pump out your conventional septic tank at least once; every 3 to 5 years. This is necessary so that the drain field does not get clogged. If you have an alternative system, get in touch with an alternative onsite sewage system inspection in New Baltimore VA, to conduct annual inspections.
- Moreover, contact only licensed contractors with health department permits to inspect and fix your onsite wastewater system.
- An important thing to remember is to store all maintenance records safely.
- Suppose a family member in your household is consuming a high dose of medication or undergoing chemotherapy; convey this information to your wastewater professional. This is important since many of these medications destroy useful bacteria, which is needed to decompose the wastewater waste.
- Conserve water and reduce its usage at home. You can do this by repairing leaks, using front load washers, low flow faucets and showerheads. Reducing water usage can help relieve the load on the septic tank.
- Recognize where the septic tank is located in your house. If required, create a location map of the tank and share it with your family members.
- If you own an alternative sewage system, sign a service contract with a reliable and responsible septic tank service like SES Mid Atlantic. This contract will benefit you for the lifespan of the system.
Our expert team at SES Mid Atlantic is your answer to conduct excellent alternative onsite sewage system inspection in New Baltimore VA. You can get in touch with us through a form present on our website. Please give us 24 hours bracket to get back to you, your queries, however small or big, don’t matter to us, and we don’t mind any number of queries either.