It is your responsibility as a homeowner to take care of everything within. Doing this will ensure you enjoy the pleasure and comfort of living in the house.
Some tasks are pretty obvious. You must, for example, take care of landscaping. It is easy to see when the bushes and plants need attention.
Now, what about those things you cannot easily see. A good example would be the septic system. Many people tend to ignore it as long as it functions well. They only realize the importance once there’s a problem.
Our article explores what causes septic system failures in Haymarket, VA. Having such knowledge ensures that you take preventive rather than reactive action with your septic system.
How to Know When There Is a Septic Failure System
You need to look out for the following signs of septic system failure:
- Slow or no drainage from sinks, showers, or bathtubs
- A foul odor within the home. If you know what sewage smells like, that is it
- Wet, smelly areas around the septic tank. You may observe that the grass is greener in those particular areas.
- If you notice any signs, take immediate action by calling the experts. It helps to take care of the problem early on instead of waiting until things worsen.
What Causes Septic System Failures in Haymarket, VA
Now that you know the signs of septic system failure, it helps to understand why it could happen. There are various reasons for this, including: –
- A system overload due to excessive water and waste entering the system. Do check the capacity of the tank to ensure it can handle the number of people who live there. Expert installation companies like SES will typically advise on the correct size.
- Additional water and waste are entering the septic tank. This could be from surface runoff or other debris. Separate or divert such to a different place if you can. It will save you money and the inconvenience of frequent pump-outs.
- Design flaws or improper installation. Installing a septic system is a job you should leave to the experts. We look at the topography of the land, soil type/condition, and so much more.
- Placement of the different components that make up the septic system. We will for, example, avoid any area that experiences high vehicle traffic.
- Improper maintenance of the septic system. We often recommend inspections every two years and pump-outs every three to five years.
We Can Provide the Solution to Your Septic System Failure
As we indicated, taking care of a septic system failure is a job that requires a high level of expertise. The SES professionals are ready to offer that and so much more to you. We have served thousands of satisfied clients, and we want to help you too.
Fill in your details on our website form to start the conversation. Our team is ready, any time you are, for a consultation.