It might have been a long day, and probably you want a soak in the bathtub. You could let the hot water and essential oils take away the stress. Now, perhaps you have finished and try to drain the tub. To your shock and dismay, the water does not seem to be draining out.
Instead, what you seem to be getting is a backup of black gunk. At this point, it hits home that you have noticed the same in your kitchen.
There might also seem to be a strange smell coming from the drainage pipes. In this case, what you are experiencing is a septic system failure. More so, you may very well be contributing to the breakdown.
Our article explores what causes septic system failure in Fauquier, VA. We will also provide a solution for you.
What Causes Septic System Failures in Fauquier, VA? What You Need to Know
Every time you use the drainage system, it goes into the septic tank. As more water and waste is generated, the septic tank fills up faster.
Once the waste exceeds the capacity of the tank, it will overload the system. If you take a walk to the yard, there will be other signs. Look at the area around the tank. There’s likely to be wet spots, accompanied by the nasty odor.
Take note of the following reasons why this could be happening.
- Lack of the system’s proper maintenance is a significant contributor to septic system failure. You should, at the minimum, let the experts examine it every two years.
- Insufficient tank capacity leads to overloading of the system. The best way to buy the septic tank is to factor in the number of people within the household. The experts will base their calculations on how much waste each person generates.
- Improper installation of the system results from overlooking some critical factors. The lay of the land, soil type, and lack of sufficient space are vital considerations. Dealing with a reputable company that can prove its expertise can save you a lot of money and stress. Directing surface runoff to the septic tank can overload the septic system.
- Physical damage to the septic system can destroy it. You should, for example, avoid running pipes in areas that experience heavy traffic, especially from vehicles.
- Be careful about planting trees near the system. The roots can cause extensive pipe damage.
SES is Here to Help You
We have outlined the causes of septic system failure above. Having been in the industry for close to 35 years, we know how inconvenient it can be to deal with such.
Talk to us for a lasting solution from our team of qualified technicians. Start the conversation today, by filling in the form on our website.
We will, at your convenience, get in touch for further discussion.