Septic tank pumping Vs. Septic tank cleaning
Most people use the terms septic tank pumping and septic tank cleaning as if they mean the same. However, this is not true. These are essentially two different services. In septic tank pumping service, only the liquid in your septic tank is pumped out of the tank while the solid waste remains at the bottom.
On the other hand, septic tank cleaning is a more detailed process. In this, first, the tank is pumped out entirely, and any solids remaining at the bottom of the tank are loosened up using water and flushed out of the tank. The tank will then be further inspected for any leaks and damages. All the filters in the tank will also be cleaned. You can consult experts at SES Mid Atlantic if you are not sure how often do you need to empty a Haymarket VA septic tank.
How to add more years to the life of your septic tank system?
You can add more years to the life of your septic tank system if you follow a strict maintenance schedule. You should also be extra careful about what goes into it as what you put into a septic system can significantly affect its lifetime. Here is a list of household cleaning products you should try to limit putting into your septic system:
- Bleach – As you all know; bleach can kill micro-organisms that are essential for your septic system to function correctly. So limit the usage of bleach as too much of it can be harmful to your septic system.
- Anti-Bacterial – Antibacterial cleaning products also kill micro-organisms similar to bleach and can interfere with the proper functioning of your septic system.
- Floor Wax – Apart from killing the micro-organisms present in your septic tank, floor wax and oil can also form a surface build-up that will resist the bacterial activity.
- Rug Cleaners – These are strong detergents and should be used only sparingly as they may cause harm to the micro-organisms in your septic system.
- Pesticides – These are deadly chemicals that can kill the micro-organisms in the septic system and should be avoided as much as possible.
Why choose SES Mid Atlantic for your septic tank system emptying?
SES Mid Atlantic team works with different homeowners, real estate agents, land planners, architects, lawyers, property owners, government agencies, and management companies. We are closely associated and work with the state and local health departments.
Over the last thirty years, we have been helping the local community by offering a wide range of services, both residential and commercial. These services mainly include:
- Septic tank design, installation, and maintenance
- Petroleum contamination clean up
- Stormwater inspection, reporting, and maintenance
- Soil investigations at onsite
- Septic tank inspections and well inspections for realtors and homebuyers
- Monitoring and sampling of well installation